Fashion Guide On How To Wear Plus Size Tutu Skirts
Plus Size Tutu Skirts Fashion Tips That You Must Know
Tutu skirts are feminine, fun, and a wear piece that a princess like you should not miss! Who says that tutu skirts are only for ballerinas? They would look very fashionable on plus sized women too! You can see them everywhere as tutu is one of the popular trends this year, even grown-up women wear them.
There are many ways that tulle skirt can be worn without being perceived as playing dress-up like a little girl.
Plus Size Tutu Skirt Styling Guide
We have 7 styling tips for any plus size woman to pull off a chic look in tutu skirts:
- Wearing printed tops is the most flexible way to wear a tutu, it just couldn’t go wrong. Feel free to pair your tulle skirts with bright pink tops, polka dot tops, vintage silk tops, and have some fun in mix and match. The combination would make a great party look which you can be comfy in it while remaining fun. You can polish the look by keeping your shoes simple with pointy flats and tie your shirt into a knot for even more flare.
- It may be challenging for plus sized ladies to find a cocktail dress as there is no color options other than black and styles available are very limited. Well, that certainly motivates big girls to be creative: make a classy cocktail dress out of a tulle skirt. Wear a big, shiny belt and a body suit with your tutu skirt, and you would have a party dress instantly! For additional glamour, you can wear a scaly body suit rather than a plain one. With this simple combination, you would look fantastic in formal events like a cocktail, a prom, and even a wedding. Throw in a handbag and some high heels, and then you’re ready to go!
- Make a tutu skirt into a more casual wearable and play down its glam, ballerina vibe by pairing the skirt with comfortable tops like plaid and denim shirt. While chunky heeled Oxford styled shoes and sneakers can make one amazingly cute with a mini tulle skirt, wearing denim jackets works as well as T-shirts and leather jackets.
- To embrace the modern and edgy style with tutu skirt means shaping a grungy edge using tulle skirt, and then use something with tougher look like bomber jacket or leather jacket to complement the feminine side of the skirt. Tough footwear like combat style boots would do the same trick too. There’s no fixed formula to the perfect mix, so it’s okay to have your unique mix and match style by making the outfit more grunge or more feminine – your choice. You can even have fun with textures and colors and also choose your jewelry and accessories. For instance, if you want to look more feminine in this grungy style, adorn yourself with girly cute by wearing cute flats or pumps.
- The cute maxi tulle is a tricky item of fashion as one has to keep in mind that maxi tutu skirt is meant to give a quirky and playful look. However, you can look super edgy in them by pairing them with accessorize. It’s fine too to go with a cute feminine vibe by pairing it with a statement necklace and crop top. Confidence is what you need to rock this outfit and look amazing in it.
- Play with textures. The use of contrasting textures like faux fur, knit, sequin, denim, and leather would look great if paired with tulle which brings a girly and soft look to your outfit. Different textures give different effects, you can tone down the girly look with leather, knit or denim item, while faux fur, lace or sequin would give more glams. These are ways how textures can give dimension to your tulle outfit. Concerning textures mixing, do take note of bold or heavy texture when paired with tulle, as pairing your tutu with sequins, fur or lace could be overwhelming. You may need to have the rest of your outfit toned down so that your skirt is given enough attention.
- Nothing comes as close as a tulle or tutu when it comes to girly or sweet dressing. You can have a romantic, feminine vibe with tutu by pairing it with feminine colors like pastels and red scarlet or simply wear a festive lace top. It just makes so much sense to go all the way with this cute skirt since tulle skirt has so much to offer. You can wear whatever top of your liking with it. For starters, one can stay understated by wearing a tutu with a basic plain tee. Feel free to also glam up by adding some festive piece to the outfit with red lip, great hair styling, statement jewelry, chic clutch and sexy stilettos. Just think about it, how stylish and lovely would that be!