Stay Glamorous with Plus Size Sequin Skirt
How To Wear Plus Size Sequin Skirt and Stay Glamorous
If glittering and shimmering effect looks are your thing, you should go ahead to try on one of these stylish sequin skirts as embellished skirts are becoming trendy nowadays. Ideal for glam parties, try to imagine wearing one of these gorgeous sequined piece with statement heels, paired with a distressed denim jacket or tailored blazer, then complete the outfit with ankle booties, the look would be fabulous! Who says plus-sizes are not invited to the party? Designers finally come to their senses, and they have started to make a plethora of sparkly plus-size pieces, the princessy dreams that I have can come to realization! Though there’s no longer shortage of sequins and other bedazzled items, we would be happy to see more brands hop on the glittery bandwagon.
Tips To Wear Sequin Skirt Plus Size
- Do mix and match: Mix and match is not only a good thing, but it’s also what you should do. By mixing simple articles of clothing without embellishment with sequins will look good on you most of the time. Be free to dress in something plain or something old as they will not seem to be overboard.
- Keep top simple: Sequined pencil skirts works great as a fashion investment, especially those in funky colors like purple and blue. Just pair them with a tank top or loose t-shirt, you’re good to go. You can even tuck in a formal shirt and belt with leather for a more sophisticated look. Everything else should be kept pretty low-key: no dark or intense makeup, no super bold patterns or textures, and no big accessories. Remember that your sequins should be your only statement piece, and everything else have to be subdued so that the entire outfit is not overwhelming, or you would risk perceived as strolling around town in last night’s outfit.
- Don’t wear a tight sequined number. Just say no to sequins that are too tight! The sequins would just part ways terribly.
- Don’t Buy anything that looks cheap. The inexpensive sequins may look like it costs a million bucks, but if there’s a hint it would become tacky, you should just avoid it.
- Do Wear Sequin Accessories: Strike the balance of being simple while not too simple for the perfect amount of gorgeousness!
- It’s okay to layer: Layer your shirt with a coat at the outer and pair them with sequin skirt. This would give you a style-of-the-season that you will fall in love with.
- Do Try Color: You need not stick to the standard black or silver color as sequins in different colors would give a dazzling effect. After all, they are available in a rainbow of colors, so why limit yourself and not experiment yourself these colors? A word of caution, though, don’t attempt every color. A multicolored sequined extravaganza works great as a single piece of jewelry or as a costume, but the colors should be limited to one, two, or three. More than that, you would look as if you have a halved disco ball worn at your waist.
- Simplify the makeup: Simplify your makeup, as having glitter all over your face and body is not appropriate and even more not flattering. But, well, probably Halloween outfit is an exception…
- Biker Style: Probably the sexiest thing curvy girls can wear. You can pair a midi or short sequin skirt with a leather jacket and a black cropped top, complete with a fedora hat and classic nude heels. Do further style it with black lace leggings and many rings or bracelets. This look would make you look like a biker.
- Do pair with denim: Denim is the undisputed casual wear god. When denim comes into one’s mind, a laid-back, comfortable, casual and relaxed style comes into the picture. It is certainly the heavenly match for sequins that are bolder and less relaxed. For a daytime wear, it would be ideal to pair denim with your sequins to create a both glamorous and laid-back look. If you’re wearing a sequined top or jacket, go with a pair of your preferred cut-offs then you’re ready for a shopping trip with your girl friends. If it seems like a good day to wear a sequined skirt, pair it with your go-to chambray shirt tucked in, and you would look fine on a working day.
- During cold season: As the weather gets cooler, you can have all of them mixed up and choose sequin separates with layers. You can go for silver skirt styled with a slouchy blouse, throw on the top voguish denim vest and cool beanie, finish the look with leather black ankle boots. It is also okay to go grunge and pair a shiny sequin skirt with slouchy tops under an over-sized coat and a slouchy handbag.