Plus Size Pleated Skirt: Outfit Idea and Styling Tips
Plus Size Pleated Skirt Outfit and Styling Tips
Pleated skirts basically resemble kilts, and they’re available in various lengths. Usually flaring out in an a-line style, these skirts enable great movement when worn. However, they may not be suitable for women with thick thighs or wide hips as pleats add weight to the bottom half of the body.
The good news is there are plenty of ways that pleated skirt can be worn by every woman to have a great look. Freely create different outfits according to your sense of style and personality by mixing different shapes and textures. We have put forward a few variations of style that you can do with the Tan Contrast Pleated Skirt, a blogger favorite. You would see how flexible a pleated skirt would go.
Dressing in a pleated skirt for work would mean having the professional outfit which can also be very cozy during the colder days. An oversized knit sweater is simply ideal during the fall season, making it the perfect piece to go with your pleated skirt. Complete the look with a pair of ankle booties, and you’re ready to go.
As weekend approaches, dress in a chic and comfortable look by pairing the pleated skirt with a fun tee and sneakers. And if you find the outfit having too many laid-back vibes, throw on yourself a sequin bomber jacket as glittery are just irresistible. Regardless that you’re running errands, out with girl friends, shopping at the market or even strolling down town, you would surely remain in style over the weekend in the outfit.
Evening Hang Out Look
Go out and make the perfect fashion statement in pleated skirts too. You could even wear them for cocktails with the girls. If you’re on plaid fever, the fall season is the best time to go with a plaid button down. To have your curves accentuated, tie the button down at the waist and feel free also to add colored pumps and some bold accessories to your outfit. What’s next, you say? The girls are waiting for you at the bar!
A black pleated skirt would make a very smart garment body of all types, add on suspenders to the skirt and you would look super stylish! Throw in a pair of black booties and a burgundy top, and gets even more fashionable with a plaid blazer.
Pleated Skirt Plus Size Styling Tips
- Pleated skirts would skew too prim when paired with flats. You can have a supremely elegant look by pairing them instead with ‘70s-style heeled boots, sleek pumps, feminine sandals, and edgy booties.
- You need to be sure that the skirt sits at the smallest part of your waist because you wouldn’t want it to lay on your hips as your tummy shouldn’t show up. A skirt that cuts you mid stomach wouldn’t look good too, as your waist should get the spotlight instead. So adjust the waist of the pleats accordingly to have what needs to be hidden, kept hidden.
- Tops make the ideal foundation for any look, and they are good too when paired with pleated skirts. Tops that fit close to the body are preferable over the loose-fitting ones. As the other pieces of the outfit are helping to distract appearance flaws from being noticed, it’s okay even if the cami and tank top hugs the body’s curves a bit. You just have to choose them in different lengths: the tunic length, waist length, and cropped.
- If you want to have a professional and polished look in the pleated skirt, wear a fitted top and layer over a cardigan. Some may prefer the shell look in a matching cardigan, but it can be a bit plain. So don’t forget to add jewelry or a printed scarf to go with the outfit.
- Mix and match is a good way to obtain stylish and unique look. Why not have some fun and freely experiment with textures and prints? Mix different fabrics that could compliment each other, shrug over a T-shirt or a sequined cotton cardigan, or wear a simple top having a short military-inspired wool blazer over it, or even wear a plain shirt with a linen vest over it. The variety can go on, let your creativity go free, just be sure the pleated skirt you are wearing would compliment the fabrics worn on top.
- Belts are not longer limited to holding your skirts or pants up as they are popular accessories too. Use them as accompaniments to your outfit, and you could make use of belts that come in different widths. For example, colored belts would add to your muted top and pleated skirt a splash of flair. A thin belt can go with a skirt with box pleats as this type of pleat is wide, the belt would balance out the look. On the other hand, you can also have a fancy belt that is wide and dipped in rhinestones to go with a skirt with a cartridge or fortuny pleats.
The pleated skirt is a great option if you can to create a comfortable outfit that is feminine, dressy, and casual. You can easily find many ways to wear the pleated skirt, and you can effortlessly find something in your wardrobe that can go with it. Do keep in mind these fashion tips when attempting new looks with the pleated skirt so that you can pick up a suitable piece whenever you visit a boutique.http://www.awomansguidetosanerliving.com/plus-size-pleated-skirt/http://www.awomansguidetosanerliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/cadigan.jpghttp://www.awomansguidetosanerliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/cadigan-150x150.jpgPlus Size Pants and Skirtspleated skirt plus size,Plus Size Pleated SkirtPlus Size Pleated Skirt Outfit and Styling Tips Pleated skirts basically resemble kilts, and they’re available in various lengths. Usually flaring out in an a-line style, these skirts enable great movement when worn. However, they may not be suitable for women with thick thighs or wide hips as pleats add...Lovely LeggingsLovely Leggingsoreb.email@example.comEditorI Love Legging & Woman Bottom